Custom Search

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The pink cat

A rózsaszín macska

Somehow, I was never a super cat lover - hm... I just realized that 2 of my exes were allergic to cats and they have loaded me with a lot of their hate against these cute, furry darlings... -, but I did like them from a distance. Growing up on the third floor in a small apartment, it was not an option for us to have any pets, and I always only considered dogs and cats as animals that should live free, to some degree, and not in the cage of 4 walls. Family house with a garden is great, and there they have a function, they have practical uses and are not simply pets.
Valahogy sose voltam fenenagy macskabarát - hm... most jövök rá, hogy 2 volt párom is allergiás volt a macskákra, és ők tetemes adagot rámzúdítottak az aranyos zőrmókok iránt érzett gyűlöletükből... -, de egy bizonyos távolságból kedveltem őket. Egy szűkös, harmadik emeleti lakásban felnőve szóba sem jöhetett az, hogy állatot tartsunk, és én mindig úgy gondoltam, hogy kutyának-macskának valamennyire szabadon kellene élnie, nem pedig négy fal közé bezárva. Kertes családi ház remek, és ott még bizonyos funkciókat is ellátnak, gyakorlati hasznuk is van, nem csupán dédelgetnivaló kedvencek.

After my grandma's cat in the village who did catch the mice and didn't know Whiskas, and 2 or 3 cats coming by every once in a while to pay a visit in our garden and clean it up from the mice, my next experience was an old, always drunk lady living just downstairs from us in Budapest, with 17 cats or so, in a super tiny studio apartment, if you can imagine the smell that was coming out from there...
A nagymamám falusi macskája után, aki még egeret fogott, és nem ismerte a Whiskast, valamint 2-3 macska után, akik néha ellátogattak a kertünkbe és megtisztították a rágcsálóktól, a következő élményem egy idős, részeges nő volt, aki pont alattunk lakott a pesti házban, kábé 17 macskával az icipici garzonban; ha el tudjátok képzelni a szagot, ami onnan áradt...

A few years later in Vienna, the big family house where I was staying, was full of kids & cats - sometimes a bit messy and noisy, but so much lively and fun!
Néhány év múlva Bécsben a hatalmas családi ház, ahol laktam, gyerekekkel és macskákkal volt tele - néha egy kicsit rendetlen és zajos, de olyan életvidám!

Then I met Sesam last summer in my girlfriend's house, he was a lovely chap, cuddling up my my feet in the evenings.
Aztán tavaly nyáron találkoztam Sesammal a barátnőmék házában, helyes fickó; esténként a lábamhoz kuporodott. 

And I definitely love these felines as photo subjects :-)
És határozottan imádom a cirmosokat fotóalanyként :-)

After the electrified cat, here is the pink cat:
Az elektromos macska után itt a rózsaszín macska:

The pink cat

He/she was staring at me through the window of my Bed&Breakfast in Ghent, Belgium, in November 2010 when I was rehearsing there for the Brugges Festival.
Őkelme a panzió szobaablakán keresztül bámult rám, Ghentben (Belgium), 2010 novemberében, amikor a Brugges Fesztiválra próbáltunk.  

Lovely, no?
Hát nem helyes?

Also featured in my blog: Thanks for the Picnik!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...